Unicorn Rentals in Los Angeles & Surrounding Areas
Hire A Unicorn To Pose for Photos or Ride for a Wedding or Birthday Party! Serving Los Angeles, Ventura County, and Surrounding Southern California Areas.
Once upon a time a majestic unicorn decided to discover what the most wonderous thing in the whole wide world would be. His magical unicorn horn lead him to... you and your very own birthday, baby shower, bachelorette party, company theme party, Hollywood stunt horse project, or wedding celebration.
- 1 Golden Horned Unicorn
- Tell us if you'd like the unicorn to be more natural (e.g. organic mane / tail favored by editorial shoots, weddings, and birthday parties with lots of boys attending) or "over the top" (e.g. extra ribbons and/or flowers added on)
- 2 Unicorn Attendants who lead the unicorn on its riding route (XL package only) or posing station for photos and assist with guest questions and safety
- Unicorn Safety & FAQs with Attendants
- Photo Time with Guests
- Unicorn Rides (XL package only - additional fee)
- The unicorn can accommodate 20-30 rides per hour based on duration or up to 40 photos with guests per hour.
- At least a 20'x20' space for in place photos
- Any ride travel paths must be 10' wide or wider to accommodate the handler and unicorn
- A reserved parking spot with "pull through" parking 60' or longer x 16' wide for the trailer.
Examples of How to Interpret this Chart for Your Party:
Example 1: Children's Birthday Party
Your seven year old daughter is having a unicorn themed party. You've chosen to have it in the morning because you know most of her friends do sports in the afternoon. She REALLY wants a real unicorn there but you have other things planned for her big day like one of our amazing fairies doing crafts and games or a face painter and a balloon artist coming after the unicorn leaves. You want to make her wish come true but also don't think that unicorn photos will take a full hour as only 8-10 kids will be there and are worried about what they'll do for the rest of it. You would select the "2.0 Total Onsite Time Duration" with the "Photo Only Unicorn Party" option. The base cost (before travel or tips) would be $750.
Your schedule for this example would be:
- 10:30AM - The unicorn trailer and team arrives on site to check in, offload the unicorn, and decorate it for your party.
- 11AM-11:15AM - The unicorn's attendants introduce the unicorn to the children, explain basic unicorn manners (safety), horse language, and start off with an interactive unicorn or horse themed story where your young guests can ask all of their most important questions all about where the unicorn came from, what it eats, etc.
- 11:15-11:45AM - Half an hour of photo time happens with your guests using their cell phones to take their own photos of the children with the unicorn... if this takes longer than anticipated or if a lot of surprise guests arrive we cut out the story, cake time, and/or the game to make sure that everyone gets the photos that they want.
- 11:45-11:50AM - One of the unicorn's attendants leads a unicorn / horse trivia game with winners getting small pieces of carrots or other unicorn treats to personally feed to the unicorn.
- 11:50AM-12PM - It's cake time! Everyone join in the final photo to sing Happy Birthday!
- 12PM - The unicorn and its team return to the trailer to undecorate the unicorn, prepare it for transport, and load any extra props that may have been rented with it for the party.
- 12:30PM (approx.) - The unicorn and its team depart your site.
Example 2: Adult Cocktail Party
Say you are an event planner throwing a cocktail party for your client's company with a "night of fantasy" theme and want the unicorn there with guests for two total hours starting at 7PM. You mainly want the unicorn for a photo space where it will not be ridden / will not have any guests on top of it as it's likely that most of the guests will be drinking heavily at the open bar. Instead, guests will (hopefully) stand next to it for photos. You know you'll need to walk your client through for "last looks" 15 minutes prior to guest arrival so you want the team on site half an hour earlier to make sure that that happens on time. You would select the "3.5 Total Onsite Time Duration with the "Photo Only Unicorn Party" option. The base cost (before travel or tips) would be $1,275.
Your schedule for this example would be:
- 6:00PM - The unicorn trailer and team arrives early on site to check in, offload the unicorn, and decorate it for your party.
- 6:30-6:45PM - The unicorn team moves in to places for "last looks" on your cue for your client where they'll just be dressed and present, without working with guests yet.
- 7-9PM - The unicorn would be available for taking photos with guests, with breaks for bathroom / unicorn attention span / safety being taken as needed.... as an example, if you had fireworks scheduled for 7:30PM directly above your party then the unicorn team would take it away from your guests for that portion of your time on site for safety reasons and return it once the fireworks were over to complete the remainder of its time, wrapping at the contracted end time.
- 9PM - The unicorn and its team return to the trailer to undecorate the unicorn, prepare it for transport, and load any extra props that may have been rented with it for the party.
- 9:30PM (approx.) - The unicorn and its team depart your site.
Example 3: Unicorn Shoot Rental for Los Angeles TV Commercial
You're working on the production team for a Hollywood / LA Region film shoot and need to rent or hire a horse dressed as a unicorn for the commercial. Call time on the crew is at 7:30AM. The shot list involving the horse dressed as a unicorn is short, only two scenes, with an actress sitting on the unicorn drinking a soda and making jokes. You need a "half day rate" type of situation to be able to be flexible in case things change or run late while keeping your production's budget down. You would select the "6.0 Total Onsite Time Duration with the "XL Riding Unicorn Party" option as the actress will be on the unicorn for the shots.
To make this successful the base cost (before travel) would be $2,350 with an extra charge added on for the actress to train with the unicorn on basic riding and safety and be approved by the attendant in charge (AKA set wrangler) prior to the shoot date. A commercial appearance licensing fee may apply on any attendants appearing on screen based on broadcast / usage. A member of our team would do free consultation calls with your production team and review the shot list on the horse's movements / actions before this was booked to ensure that our animal(s) were suitable for your project. Please note that for safety reasons our horses and unicorns do NOT rear.
Your schedule for this example for the actual shoot date would be:
- 7:30AM - The unicorn trailer and team arrives early on site to check in, sign any required paperwork, offload the unicorn, have the attendants get in to background actor wardrobe (if applicable), and decorate the unicorn for your shoot.
- 9AM - The unicorn team is ready for look approvals.
- 9:30AM - Blocking and lighting tests for the first scene.
- 10AM - First scene with unicorn shoots.
- 11AM - Blocking and lighting tests for the second scene.
- 11:30AM - Second scene with unicorn shoots.
- 12:30PM - Attendants take turns changing out of wardrobe and check it in while one stays with the unicorn for supervision.
- 1PM - The unicorn and its team return to the trailer to undecorate the unicorn, prepare it for transport, and load any extra props that may have been rented with it for the party.
- 1:30PM (approx.) - The unicorn and its team depart your site.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Color is the Unicorn? Can It Dress To Match My Party?
Our unicorns are as unique as you or me. Our older XL size unicorns are larger in bone structure (e.g. draft horses) with white hair while our youngest unicorn has a magnificent dappled white and gray coat (just like a living statue!) and has a more refined, fanciful, bone structure. All of the unicorns are full grown horses that can carry up to 250 pounds in weight. If you wish for custom accessories (you provide) to be worn by your unicorn such as flowers or ribbons that were made to perfectly suit your party's theme we can work with you to have you give those items to the unicorn's attendants to integrate with the unicorn's appearance or, alternately, to have you mail them to us before your party so that we can trouble shoot them and figure out how to add them to the unicorn for the best possible photos.
Can The Unicorn Do Tricks?
Yes, our youngest, marbled gray and white, unicorn has been trained to do some adorable tricks including giving hugs on cue! Our older XL (all white) unicorns do not do tricks but still enjoy giving rides and posing for photos.
Can I Feed It?
Unicorn feeding is at the discretion of its attendants to ensure that they don't become too greedy for attention. All of our unicorns love to eat pieces of carrot, slices of (sweet) apples, and some even eat silly things like bananas or grapes! We try not to feed them things like sugar or cupcakes as it can ruin their teeth. They appreciate having access to fresh water to fill up their water buckets with while at your location.
Can I Hire You for a Film or Commercial Project?
Yes, you can hire our unicorns with their attendants for commercial, film, and TV projects requiring hero horse, stunt horse, or background horses subject to shot list approval. Some of our attendants are members of SAG-AFTRA.
Can the unicorn carry a bride in to her reception or wedding?
Yes. Please indicate if you need a riding unicorn with saddle for a royal entry as pre-training at the castle stable with the bride and her dress may be required to ensure a smooth celebration. The unicorns are incredible for grand entrance grooms for proposals too!
What size do the unicorns come in?
Our unicorns are NOT ponies. They are full sized horses; our photo unicorn is approximately 5' tall at his back while our XL riding unicorns are even bigger. Our younger, photo unicorn, is more refined in body type while our XL riding unicorns are draft horses with thicker bone structures.
Can the unicorns wander loose at my party for atmosphere?
Unfortunately as much as they'd love to wander over to the buffet... the unicorns must be under lead by a handler at all times.
Can the unicorns do rides inside my house?
No, as ballrooms (or living rooms) aren't typically designed for their weight, unicorns need to stay outside. The exception for indoor appearances is for trade show appearances with convention center approval and specialty spill friendly carpeting (for any accidental poop etc.) provided by client. Unicorns don't wear diapers. As a result we are not responsible for any accidents on carpet or any other form of ground or rented surface coverings.
What do guests do while they are waiting?
How are the unicorns trained?
All of our unicorns are trained with positive reinforcement methods such as praise and treats. We spend months to years getting each unicorn ready to experience parties by patiently teaching them to be confident around things like noise, cars, and decorations.
What happens if it poops?
We recommend keeping our unicorns outside on a grass or dirt surface for this reason. If the unicorn poops then one of the attendants will scoop it up with a rake or shovel and a bucket to dispose of away from your guests.
Where do the unicorns live?
When not visiting parties our unicorns live in a large pasture setting where they can play, sunbathe, and relax. They love their attendants who create games for them to play for fun and are doted on with daily housekeeping, plenty of brushing, fresh food and water, and blankets for when it gets cold. Should they need it they have immediate access to human experts for veterinary, holistic nutrition, massage, hoof, chiropractic, acupuncture, behavioral communication, and other specialty care.