Unicorn Rentals in Ventura County, Los Angeles & Surrounding Areas
Hire A Unicorn To Pose for Photos or Ride for a Wedding or Birthday Party!
You will need to choose your package based on the location that it serves:
- XL Riding or Carriage Pulling Unicorn Horse - Any location between San Luis Obispo and San Diego, California.
- Junior Non-Riding Unicorn Horse - Designed for photo shoots & small family parties in Simi Valley at a magnificent park location
- Unicorn Princess (human) - Ventura County and Los Angeles County, California.
Check Availability and Pricing:
About Our Junior NON-Riding Real Unicorn
(NEW! LIMITED TIME Sale)
We have a new unicorn in our stable and are offering a Junior Unicorn discount price package for a limited time as this unicorn gains experience in his new role. He is shorter than our XL sized unicorns, is suitable for photos standing with guests, and is not yet ready for being ridden by guests or having guests on his back.
This package is PERFECT for family photos, surprise dates, and small group encounters.
Our Junior Unicorn appears in a royal white bridle and white or gold horn, natural white and dragonslate charcoal mane, and comes with one human horse trainer.
DURATION OF TIME
Our one Junior Unicorn his own special 25 minute budget-friendly package for meet and greet and photos with your guests or birthday guest of honor and your family.
- The limited time Junior Unicorn discount appearances are at a spectacular park in Simi Valley, CA.
- The park is a photographer's dream with perfect natural backdrops, rolling green lawn, trails, and white picket fencing for photos.
- If you are unwilling to travel to Simi Valley then you will need to book an XL Unicorn package instead.
- Choose from blush pink, white, ice blue, royal purple, or black for his face piece accent under color. This under color covers his ears and pads his face under the bridle.
About Our XL-Sized Riding, Posing, and Carriage Driving Real Unicorns
The stars of the show! Versatile in carriage driving, riding, and stealing the show - these great big unicorns have seen everything from fireworks to parades to film sets or mariachi bands and are ultra whimsical with glitter and ribbon accessories.
XL riding or driving unicorns start at a 1 hour minimum time duration with guests.
These XL riding or driving unicorns are available for 1 hour or longer parties only. XL unicorns are available from San Luis Obispo down to San Diego, California and cover all of Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, Orange County, and San Diego County.
- 1 BIG (NOT a Pony!) Full Sized Golden Horned Unicorn
- Tell us if you'd like the unicorn to be more natural (e.g. organic mane / tail favored by editorial shoots, weddings, and birthday parties with lots of boys attending) or "over the top" (e.g. extra ribbons and/or flowers added on)
- 2 Unicorn Attendants who lead the unicorn on its riding route or posing station for photos and assist with guest questions and safety
- Unicorn Safety & FAQs with Attendants
- Photo Time with Guests
- Unicorn Rides
- The unicorn can accommodate 20-30 rides per hour based on duration or up to 40 photos with guests per hour.
- At least a 20'x20' space for in place photos
- Any ride travel paths must be 10' wide or wider to accommodate the handler and unicorn
- A reserved parking spot with "pull through" parking 60' or longer x 16' wide for the trailer.
- We have the following carriage options available for the unicorn to pull if you would prefer carriage rides instead of having guests on the back of the unicorn: White vis a vis, white Victoria, white limo carriage, and a white Cinderella pumpkin coach (the Cinderella costs more per event, on average, as it requires two full rigs to transport).
Frequently Asked Questions
What Color is the Unicorn? Can It Dress To Match My Party?
Our unicorns are as unique as you or me. Our older XL size unicorns are larger in bone structure (e.g. draft horses) with white hair while our youngest unicorn has a magnificent dappled white and gray coat (just like a living statue!) and has a more refined, fanciful, bone structure. All of the unicorns are full grown horses that can carry up to 250 pounds in weight. If you wish for custom accessories (you provide) to be worn by your unicorn such as flowers, a neck wreath, or ribbons that were made to perfectly suit your party's theme we can work with you to have you give those items to the unicorn's attendants to integrate with the unicorn's appearance or, alternately, to have you mail them to us before your party so that we can trouble shoot them and figure out how to add them to the unicorn for the best possible photos.
Can The Unicorn Do Tricks?
Yes, our junior, marbled gray and white, unicorn has been trained to do some adorable tricks including giving hugs on cue! Our older XL (all white) unicorns do not do tricks but still enjoy giving rides and posing for photos.
Can I Feed It?
Unicorn feeding is at the discretion of its attendants to ensure that they don't become too greedy for attention. All of our unicorns love to eat pieces of carrot, slices of (sweet) apples, and some even eat silly things like bananas or grapes! We try not to feed them things like sugar or cupcakes as it can ruin their teeth. They appreciate having access to fresh water to fill up their water buckets with while at your location.
Can I Hire You for a Film or Commercial Project?
Yes, you can hire our unicorns with their attendants for commercial, film, and TV projects requiring hero horse, stunt horse, or background horses subject to shot list approval. Some of our attendants are members of SAG-AFTRA.
Can the XL unicorn carry a bride in to her reception or wedding?
Yes. Please indicate if you need a riding unicorn with saddle for a royal entry as pre-training at the castle stable with the bride and her dress may be required to ensure a smooth celebration. The unicorns are incredible for grand entrance grooms for proposals too!
What size do the unicorns come in?
Our unicorns are NOT ponies. They are full sized horses; our Junior Unicorn is approximately 5' tall at his back while our XL riding unicorns are even bigger. Our younger, photo unicorn, is more refined in body type while our XL riding unicorns are draft horses with thicker bone structures.
Can the unicorns wander loose at my party for atmosphere?
Unfortunately as much as they'd love to wander over to the buffet... the unicorns must be under lead by a handler at all times.
Can the unicorns do rides inside my house?
No, as ballrooms (or living rooms) aren't typically designed for their weight, unicorns need to stay outside. The exception for indoor appearances is for trade show appearances with convention center approval and specialty spill friendly carpeting (for any accidental poop etc.) provided by client. Unicorns don't wear diapers. As a result we are not responsible for any accidents on carpet or any other form of ground or rented surface coverings.
What do guests do while they are waiting?
How are the unicorns trained?
I want the unicorn to be a surprise. How do I prevent my guests from seeing it before the party?
We recommend blocking off a 60'x16' parking spot on an adjacent street from your location (1 block away MAX) where the unicorn team can prepare the unicorn for your party without being seen. If you are doing this please provide us with a "parking address" in addition to your "venue address" so that we know which is which. They can then walk the unicorn around the block to your party to make a surprise appearance.
All of our unicorns are trained with positive reinforcement methods such as praise and treats. We spend months to years getting each unicorn ready to experience parties by patiently teaching them to be confident around things like noise, cars, and decorations.
What happens if it poops?
We recommend keeping our unicorns outside on a grass or dirt surface for this reason. If the unicorn poops then one of the attendants will scoop it up with a rake or shovel and a bucket to dispose of away from your guests.
What do the attendants wear?
Your choice of black tuxedos or fantasy inspired dresses and tunics. If you do not indicate your preference on your lead we choose for you.
Where do the unicorns live?
When not visiting parties our unicorns live in a large pasture setting where they can play, sunbathe, and relax. They love their attendants who create games for them to play for fun and are doted on with daily housekeeping, plenty of brushing, fresh food and water, and blankets for when it gets cold. Should they need it they have immediate access to human experts for veterinary, holistic nutrition, massage, hoof, chiropractic, acupuncture, behavioral communication, and other specialty care.