SCUBA Rescue Diver Jobs
We are currently looking for amazing part-time on-call certified SCUBA Rescue Divers to work with our world-famous water performers and mermaids on photo shoots and film production projects in the Southern California, USA region.
During shoots Rescue Divers are asked to monitor and advise on water safety for performers and to advocate between the performer and production / film crew personnel for the performer's safety and well being when working in swimming pool and ocean locations. Rescue Divers are devoted to the safety of the performer and are asked to maintain eye contact at all times with the performer while that individual is performing, to assist them to/from the water's surface, to supply buddy breathing and/or hookah line air, to maintain and inspect their own SCUBA apparatus (including air refills), and to administer emergency assistance and/or first aid in the event of medical necessity.
As dive projects are random in nature based on client call volume, SCUBA Rescue Divers are hired as independent contractors, are expected to have their own DAN insurance, and are paid $175/8 hour per non-union shoot day on average plus cylinder refill costs.
scuba Rescue diver Requirements:
- Possess Current PADI or NAUI Rescue Diver (or above) certification card
- Ownership and maintenance of own filled SCUBA tanks, cold water SCUBA diving apparel, and all related BCDs / hoses / gauges / etc.
- Be medically fit to perform job
- Possess reliable transportation
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be drug, alcohol, and substance free within seven days leading up to and including any work days
- Past experience working on set for film or photography is extremely helpful although not required
- Have a clear criminal background and the ability to pass a background check