Lifeguards for Pool Parties
Are you throwing a pool party for kids or adults and need some help with water safety? Consider hiring an American Red Cross certified lifeguard.
Our swimming mermaid and swimming pirate parties come with one lifeguard for the duration of the mermaid or pirate's presence at the event. If your party will be longer than their time there or if you just want a lifeguard as a solo option we can help!
Please call us at (805) 328-4911 to request a lifeguard.
1 Certified Pool Lifeguard
Starting at $90/hour plus travel, minimum 1.5 hours.
- Lifeguards are staffed in a ratio of 1 lifeguard : 20 guests. If you will be having guests with special needs or with toddlers then this ratio will be reduced to accommodate them with extra attention.
- Remember to request at least one lifeguard per water attraction (e.g. pool, slip and slide, or other feature with water).
- If your pool or water feature has any physical obstructions that would prevent one person from being able to clearly see the entire pool or location please be sure to request more than one lifeguard.
- Non-logo shirt
- Company shirt (standard)
- Please remove any ride-on toys, inflatable toys, beach balls, or other obstructions from the water before your pool party starts. Such items cause a significant interference to lifeguards in being able to monitor the water.
- Per health and wellness requirements the presence of any accidental fecal release (AFR) in water with swimmers requires an immediate pool closure and contact to your pool service to immediately "shock" or deal with the biohazard that has occurred in the water. Lifeguards are not qualified to deal with AFRs or other pool cleaning related issues that may arise at your event.
- Any parties lasting after sunset must have a pool light turned on in the pool and spa (if applicable) area(s) for the safety of guests.
Southern California including Los Angeles (inc. Hollywood, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Porter Ranch, Northridge, Culver City, Woodland Hills, West Hills, Granada Hills, San Fernando Valley, Valley Village, Sepulveda, Mulholland, Coldwater Canyon, Encino, Hidden Hills, Hidden Valley, Universal City, Citywalk, Brentwood, USC, UCLA, CSUN, La Canada Flintridge, Monrovia, Arcadia, Topanga, Century City, Pasadena, Silverlake, North Hollywood, West Hollywood, Bel Aire, Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Agoura Hills), Yorba Linda, Ventura County(inc. Moorpark, Simi Valley, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Lost Hills, Lake Sherwood, Oak Park, Ventura, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Point Mugu, Fillmore, Piru, Saticoy, Conejo Valley), Sacramento and surrounding Northern California areas including Napa, Sonoma, Elk Grove, Cameron Park, and more.
- We have complimentary loaner "Puddlejumper" personal floatation devices (PFDs) available for water events for the duration of our lifeguard's working hours.
- Availability is subject to stock in inventory.
- Please request any PFDs when making your reservation.
- PFDs fit children between 30 and 50 pounds.
- Our lifeguards arrive in our company logo t-shirts unless expressly requested.
- Lifeguards cannot guarantee safety at an event - safety is everyone's responsibility
- Any children or adults who cannot swim should never enter a body of water, regardless of if a lifeguard is present or not. It is the host's responsibility to verify the swim ability of any guests present at their event, not the lifeguard's.
- If you will have a lifeguard for a partial duration at a party (e.g. starting or stopping after guests arrive or before they depart) it is highly recommended that you secure any pool or access gate(s) and prohibit guests from entering the water feature until a lifeguard is present.
- If a party lasts more than 4 hours our lifeguards are required to take a state-mandated 30 minute meal break during which time they are removed from duty and will NOT be at their post. During this time it is highly recommended that the pool is cleared of all swimmers and that swimmers are not allowed back in to the water until the lifeguard is back at their post.