Lifeguard Jobs (Existing Certification Required)
We are currently looking for amazing part-time on-call certified lifeguards to add to our call list for work with our world-famous water performers and mermaids on children's parties and water events in Southern California and Las Vegas, Nevada.
Lifeguards are assigned to parties based on their location and personality as need client need arises. On average, on-call / part-time lifeguards work 1-8 parties a month based on their location during the summer season.
Sometimes lifeguards work alone but most of the time they pair with our mermaids, helping them to/from the pool and then performing standard protocol scan & risk management duties as a lifeguard.
Pay starts at $35/hour for one hour of party work unless otherwise specified before event booking. We give people extra money for travel time (minimum wage), additional waiting time (minimum wage), gas, and allow our people to keep 100% of their tips. When everything is added up our lifeguards make, on average, $50-$100 before taxes for a one hour party.
We have some nice hidden perks too - we cover general liability insurance and worker's comp insurance on our employees at our events to make sure that they can get help if they ever need it, offer neat invite-only company day trips, parties, and ongoing educational opportunities, and take care of all the paperwork and other details so that our people can completely focus on performing to be their absolute best.
LIFEGUARD JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must be current on Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certifications.
- Please indicate if you also have current Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, SCUBA Rescue (or above), or Freediver certifications
- To find classes near you please visit http://www.redcross.org/courses/index.jsp?_requestid=872836
- Possess a valid SafeSport certification (FREE - course available online at https://training.teamusa.org/store/details/1)
- Have experience leading children's water events for ages 3-10
- Have a clear criminal background
- Have three excellent water work related references
- Possess reliable transportation
- Have consistent weekend availability - primarily Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 11AM-7PM
- Be readily accessible via email and phone
- Be 18 or older and authorized to work in the USA
- Be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Live in one of our service regions