Lifeguard Jobs (Existing Certification Required)
Relocation is NOT available. To be eligible for this job you must already be in one of these locations:
- Ventura County, California Region (USA)
- Los Angeles, California (USA)
- Manhattan Beach / Redondo Beach / Torrance / Palos Verdes, California Regions (USA)
- Long Beach / Newport Beach / Dana Point, California Region (USA)
- Orange County, California Region (USA)
- San Diego County, California Region (USA)
We are currently looking for amazing part-time on-call certified lifeguards to work with our world-famous water performers and mermaids on children's parties and water events.
Sometimes lifeguards work alone but most of the time they pair with our mermaids, helping them to/from the pool and then performing standard protocol scan & risk management duties as a lifeguard.
Pay starts at $25/hour for one hour of party work unless otherwise specified before event booking. We give people extra money for appearance prep, pay for travel time (minimum wage), and our clients tend to tip well so realistically our lifeguards make around $50-$80 pre-tax plus gas for an hour of work when everything is all added up.
We have some nice hidden perks too - we cover general liability insurance and worker's comp insurance on our employees at our events to make sure that they can get help if they ever need it, offer neat invite-only company day trips, parties, and ongoing educational opportunities, offer disocunted re-certification opportunities (each January), and take care of all the paperwork and other details so that our people can completely focus on performing to be their absolute best.
LIFEGUARD JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must be current on Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certifications.
- Please indicate if you also have current Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, SCUBA Rescue (or above), or Freediver certifications
- To find classes near you please visit http://www.redcross.org/courses/index.jsp?_requestid=872836
- Have experience leading children's water events for ages 3-10
- Have a clear criminal background
- Have three excellent water work related references
- Possess reliable transportation
- Have consistent weekend availability - primarily Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 11AM-7PM
- Be readily accessible via email and phone
- Be 18 or older and authorized to work in the USA
- Own the following equipment in good repair (available for purchase at The Lifeguard Store):
- Red Swimsuit or Swim Trunks
- First Aid Kit - Fanny Pack Style
- CPR Mask
- Rescue Tube (Red Preferred)
- Waterproof Watch
- Be able to lift and carry 50 pounds