Lifeguard Jobs (Existing Certification Required)
Relocation is NOT available. To be eligible for this job you must already be in one of these locations:
- Ventura County, California Region (USA)
- Manhattan Beach / Redondo Beach / Torrance / Palos Verdes, California Regions (USA)
- Long Beach / Newport Beach / Dana Point, California Region (USA)
- Orange County, California Region (USA)
- San Diego County, California Region (USA)
We are currently looking for amazing part-time on-call certified lifeguards to work with our world-famous water performers and mermaids on children's parties and water events.
Sometimes lifeguards work alone but most of the time they pair with our mermaids, helping them to/from the pool and then performing standard protocol scan & risk management duties as a lifeguard.
Pay starts at $25/hour for one hour of party work unless otherwise specified before event booking. We give people extra money for appearance prep, pay for travel, and our clients tend to tip well so realistically our lifeguards make around $50-$80 pre-tax plus gas for an hour of work when everything is all added up.
We have some nice hidden perks too - we cover general liability insurance and worker's comp insurance on our employees at our events to make sure that they can get help if they ever need it, offer neat invite-only company day trips, parties, and ongoing educational opportunities, offer 1x a year free lifeguard re-certification opportunities, and take care of all the paperwork and other details so that our people can completely focus on performing to be their absolute best.
LIFEGUARD JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must be current on Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certifications.
- Please indicate if you also have current Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, SCUBA Rescue (or above), or Freediver Rescue (or above) certifications
- To find classes near you please visit http://www.redcross.org/courses/index.jsp?_requestid=872836
- Have experience leading children's water events for ages 3-10
- Have a clear criminal background
- Have three excellent water work related references
- Possess reliable transportation
- Have weekend availability - primarily Saturday afternoons
- Be readily accessible via email and phone
- Be 18 or older and authorized to work in the USA
- Ideally be able to lift and carry 150 pounds 50 feet without assistance (not required)