Children's Character Jobs
Relocation is NOT available. To be eligible for this job you must already be in one of these locations:
- Ventura County, California Region (USA)
- Los Angeles, California (USA)
- Manhattan Beach / Redondo Beach / Torrance / Palos Verdes, California Regions (USA)
- Long Beach / Newport Beach / Dana Point, California Region (USA)
- Orange County, California Region (USA)
We are currently looking for amazing part-time on-call children's character performers to join our team for children's parties.
Children's characters are able to experience a variety of performance based work on land and have ample room for creativity as knights, fairies, princesses, princes, witches, elves, zombies, and more! THIS JOB IS LAND-BASED AND DOES NOT INCLUDE OUR SWIMMING MERMAIDS. If you are interested in becoming a swimming mermaid and do not have existing work skills to meet the below requirements then you can check out our Fintern program.
Pay is based on the time duration of a party, if any early arrival prep is required, and what type of task or job is performed. Every mile and minute driven to and from the event is compensated (travel time at min. wage) on top of the below rates and performers average between $20-100 in cash tips per party based on their client's satisfaction with their attitude and skill.
Here are the current pre-travel compensation starting levels for 1 hour parties:
- Balloon Twister - Starting at $35 per hour
- Craft Supervisor - Starting at $30.25 for the first hour, $25 each additional hour
- Face Painter - Starting at $40.25 for the first hour, $35 each additional hour
- Glitter Tattoo Artist - Starting at $25 per hour
- Games Lead - Starting at $40 per hour
We have some nice hidden perks too - we cover general liability insurance and worker's comp insurance on our employees at our events to make sure that they can get help if they ever need it, offer neat invite-only company day trips, parties, and ongoing educational opportunities, and take care of all the paperwork and other details so that our people can completely focus on performing to be their absolute best.
Children's Character REQUIREMENTS
- Have experience leading children's parties or events for ages 3-10
- Have high levels of enthusiasm and energy for work
- Have a clear criminal background
- Have three excellent party or child care work related references
- Possess reliable transportation
- Have consistent weekend availability - primarily Friday evenings after 4PM and Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 10AM-7PM
- Be readily accessible via email and phone
- Be 18 or older and authorized to work in the USA
- Already possess the following job skills:
- Know how to apply a glitter tattoo (AKA glitter body art design) in 1.5 minutes or less.
- Know how to lead the following games and be able to lead them: Simon Says, Red Light / Green Light, Charades, Freeze Tag, Duck, Duck, Goose, Telephone, Limbo, and Heads Up 7 Up
- Know how to do the following balloon twisting designs (3 minute or less per design speed): dog, monkey, horse, sword, flower, heart, fairy wings, butterfly wand, bear, candy cane, monkey, butterfly, mermaid, and princess
- Know how to do the following face painting designs (3 minute or less per design speed): rainbow & stars, dog, cat, unicorn, princess crown, Spider Man, Bat Man, Ninja Turtle, Wolverine, dolphin, snake, skull, butterfly, tiger, and a flower design
- Have the ability to head a five minute story in character with vocal projection, audience control, and inflection changes.
- If you do not possess the skills listed above we highly encourage you to look in to our Fintern program (which teaches them).
Children's Character Job Application
This application is your first step to showing us what you have to offer as a children's character entertainer and is the first step in us verifying that you can read, comprehend what you read, and follow directions.
All fields below marked with an "*" are required. Your application will automatically be deleted if you do not complete these fields or enter things like "N/A" in them. To submit a video we suggest using your cellphone to do a recording and pasting an unlisted link to YouTube or Vimeo in the field below to send to us.
If you have a documented learning disability that makes it difficult for you to read please contact us to have a staff member read this form to you or enlist the help of a friend or family member to complete it.
Photo courtesy of Maddie Isaacs