Archery Instructor Jobs
- Ventura County local locations, CA (USA)
- Must be willing to drive to Ojai, CA for on-call work.
- Relocation is NOT available; you must already be living in this location to be considered for this job.
Would you survive "The Hunger Games?" Are you passionate about teaching people safety while instilling a love of sports in the people that you coach? The Sheroes Shooting Team is hiring for energetic, kid-friendly, experienced sports coaches to lead our Introduction to Archery lessons and archery birthday parties.
Pay starts at $30/hour for one hour of party work unless otherwise specified before event booking. We give people extra money for travel, makeup/grooming, set-up, etc. and our clients tend to tip well so realistically our archery instructors make around $75-$105 pre-tax for an average archery birthday party when everything is all added up.
We have some nice hidden perks too - we cover general liability insurance and worker's comp insurance on our employees at our events to make sure that they can get help if they ever need it, offer neat invite-only company day trips, parties, and ongoing educational opportunities, and take care of all the paperwork and other details so that our people can completely focus on performing to be their absolute best.
We provide all archery equipment, costumes (where needed), and can provide Level 1 US Archery Instructor Training for the right candidate.
ARCHERY INSTRUCTOR JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Level 1 Archery Instructor certification (or above), Safe Sport, and Range Pass certifications preferred
- If not already possessed we can train - approximately 16 hours plus a successful skills and written test is required to complete Level 1 Archery Instructor certification
- Have experience leading children's sports programs, summer camp activities, or events for ages 8-adult
- Have a clear criminal background with absolutely NO prior infractions with children
- Have three excellent work related references, preferably with children
- Have a high degree of personal accountability for learning and maintaining new skills
- Easily manage and control a group of up to 20 individuals with clear articulation, vocal projection, fair-minded authority, and precise directions
- Possess reliable transportation
- Have consistent weekend availability in the Los Angeles County and Ventura County regions
- Be a current recreational level ($15/year) or higher member of US Archery or be willing to join on your own cost before being hired
- Be readily accessible via email and phone
- Be 18 or older and authorized to work in the USA