Learn to do Archery Party (Real Arrows)
Does your son love to play Minecraft? Does your daughter dream of being an athlete like Katniss Everdeen in "Hunger Games?" Does your company retreat, bachelor party, or wedding party need something "different" to do for fun? If so, then you need an archery party!
Choose to enjoy the convenience of a party at your home with an archery birthday party package featuring our portable archery range. We bring an entire traveling archery range with archery coaches to your wedding, county fair, or birthday party location (subject to site approval) for an amazing hands-on archery birthday party or archery event that teaches real sports skills while building confidence and having fun!
Our archery party staff members are certified USA Archery Instructors with special youth safety certifications who teach proper technique with real professional archery equipment.
- 1 Archery Party Instructor
- 1 Archery Assistant
- Portable target and all needed archery equipment for duration of our time at party
- Archery Safety Overview
- Archery Equipment Parts and History
- Archery Form and Technique
- Archery Shooting Lesson With 1:1 Assistance As Needed
- Group Shooting Practice
- Archery Shooting Game(s) as Time Permits
- Photo Opportunities
- Most clients hire an archery party for 2 hours as parents often want to learn too
- If you are looking for a long party please consider our Archery Booth Party instead
- 8-Adult: This is a great party choice for pre-teens, teenagers, and adults.
- If you are expecting guests under age 8 please reserve an archery booth-style party instead as they do not have the attention span for a lesson-based party.
15 guests or less, maximum.
- Travel is NOT included in this table and is priced based on the address provided in your quote.
- Archery requires 1 hour total of load in / tear down time. This time spent is included inside of their total onsite time duration listed above. As an example, 2 hours of "total onsite time duration" contains 45 minutes of set up, 1 hour of shooting with guests, and 15 minutes of load out.
- Gratuity not included and is suggested at 15-20% in cash on the day of the event.
- Parties over 4 hours require that staff members rotate away from the booth one at a time to take a lunch break.
- Rain Shade - (12'x12' or 12'x16')
- Prize Box
- Medieval Decorations (flower garlands, flags, costumes on instructors)
- A flat location (outdoors or high vaulted ceiling preferred) at least 20'x25' in dimension.
- We need a cleared 4' wide or larger load-in path to set up out equipment.
- All small children, parents with iPhones, and pets must be kept away from in front of the shooting line at all times.
Our staff arrives in cheerful company logo T-shirts unless otherwise requested in writing during contract signing. If you are throwing a party with one of the following themes please let us know as we can often tie the staff's wardrobe in to match your theme.
- Hunger Games
- Tomb Raider / Indiana Jones
- Brave / Merida
- Renaissance Faire
- Robin Hood / Sherwood Forest / Medieval Knights
Los Angeles County: inc. Hollywood, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Porter Ranch, Northridge, Culver City, Woodland Hills, West Hills, Granada Hills, San Fernando Valley, Valley Village, Sepulveda, Mulholland, Coldwater Canyon, Encino, Hidden Hills, Hidden Valley, Universal City, Citywalk, Brentwood, USC, UCLA, CSUN, La Canada Flintridge, Arcadia, Topanga, Century City, Pasadena, Silverlake, North Hollywood, West Hollywood, Bel Aire, Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Agoura Hills, Arcadia, Pasadena, Monrovia, Sylmar, Silverlake
Ventura County inc. Moorpark, Simi Valley, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Ojai, Westlake Village, Lost Hills, Lake Sherwood, Oak Park, Ventura, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Point Mugu, Fillmore, Piru, Saticoy, Conejo Valley, Santa Rosa Valley, Somis
California coastline inc. Malibu, Venice, Playa del Rey, Playa Vista, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, El Segundo, Rancho Palos Verdes, Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Montecito, Santa Barbara
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of equipment do you use?
- What kind of arrows go with this party?
- Pointed arrows with standard target field points.
- Why is there only one target?
- We work with 2-4 archers at a time so that guests can see how they are doing with relation to their friends. After coaching over 3,000 new archers we've found that sharing the target makes this range portable, compact, and easy for the instructors to supervise for safety. Don't worry though - with this rotation waiting time is kept down to a minimum and everyone has plenty of time to shoot. It's not like a dinner plate; each guest *really* does NOT need to have their own.
- I'm an adult. Why is the target short?
- For safety. Arrows launch on an upward incline at short distances and beginning archers of all ages tend to aim higher than they need to which frequently results in "high" shots. As a result we follow the NASP (National After School Archery Program) standards in believing that targets closer to the ground help beginners to keep their shots where they expect to hit and in a contained area.
- Does everyone get their own equipment?
- It depends on the group. We bring a variety of bows and share them between archers as needed based on their strength and height. Whenever possible we try to assign one shooter per bow. Each archer is assigned to their own arrows, quiver, and arm guard for the party duration so that they can tell their things apart (and know when to brag when their arrow is the one in the gold!).
- Do people need to know how to do archery before this party?
- No, no prior experience is required. Our staff teaches from the very beginning steps up to fun games while at an event.
- Can this type of event be moved inside?
- Yes! It is actually designed for indoor studio, production back lot, sound stage, and event hall use. Its ballistic nylon backstop stops and drops the arrows behind the target should the shooter miss. It is rated to 35# bows; the maximum adult bow weight sent to parties is 20# while most of the children's bows are 12-14# ensuring that all bows stay within the range of the backstop's rating.
- My child's sibling wants to shoot too. They're five. Can they?
- Possibly. If time permits and the child is listening and working 1:1 with a coach they may be able to try it for a round. This party is designed for ages 8+ as groups of younger children simply do not have the attention span to participate.
- I have boys. Can you send a boy coach?
- All of our instructors are experienced in working with both boys and girls. We do not discriminate based on gender and strive to send the best available and most experienced instructor to you. As a result, we DO NOT take gender or specific person requests.
- We are committed to giving your guests the experience of a lifetime while maintaining a safe and learning environment. Photographs of your location prior to your event date are required before dispatch on this party.
- Signed NFAA / USA Archery shooting waivers are required on any people wanting to do archery at your event.
- We can accommodate some guests with special needs (such as guests in wheelchairs, deafness, and partial amputations) as long as the guest is not a danger to themselves or others. Please let us know in advance if a guest with special needs will be attending so that we can let you know if we can accommodate them with specially configured equipment prior to your event.